A unique opportunity for you who want to buy a completely self-sufficient house in the Peloponnese, Greece. Privacy, privacy but also proximity to the lively culture / shopping city of Kalamata. An entrepreneur's dream: you can invest in making your own cider, produce your own olive oil or why not create a retreat place for stressed city people. “I charge you; once you have the dream, decide to begin and begin right away. Wait for nobody to blow whistles for you to start. ”- Israelmore Ayivor
Property ID: EKJ1864, Piges / Alagonia, Kalamata
The stone house has a fantastic view of Alagonia and Taygeto's mountain peaks: a lush greenery with birdsong in spring and autumn and if you are lucky a few magical days with a quiet white landscape in winter. In this area you have the opportunity to experience four seasons: each with its own charm.
The house is easily accessible from a paved road and has parking for many cars. The house consists of:
- Entry level: a hall with a staircase up to the upper floor, a large and comfortable kitchen with access to the patio / BBQ area and a staircase to the lower floor, a bathroom with shower and a large living room with fireplace and exit to the terrace
- Ground floor: a large bedroom with access to the lower terrace
- Upstairs: a hall, 3 large bedrooms, 1 guest toilet
Aluminum doors and windows with double glazing, air heating elements, purifier system for water (which comes from its own well), own electricity via solar panels and a modern safety system as well as water and sprinkler systems around the house. Here you have low operating costs and if you have an interest in growing your own food, you have the chance to be completely self-sufficient. The house has beautiful and original details: mosaic decoration inserted in the high-quality tile floor, beams of chestnut trees (the material actually comes from the garden), beautiful wooden floors upstairs and decorative stone walls.
The plot and cultivated land
The large plot is fenced, landscaped in comfortable terraces and has automatic irrigation system. Water (coming from the mountains) is collected in a large tank of 75 cubic meters: no risk of trees and plants drying out! On the plot there is also an outbuilding where the current owner had 200 egg-producing chickens. The area is known for a very high quality of arable land and not so long ago large companies used to come here to dig up the soil and sell it as flower soil in garden stores throughout Greece.
Previously, the owner had potato farm (about 3 tons of potatoes annually) where the largest single potato weighed 2,5 kg! Today you will find apples, pears, cherries, figs, walnuts, olive trees for olive oil and olive trees for table olives on the plot. You can harvest this in one year:
- Apples: about 700-800 kg at least and every year
- Cherries: about 600-700 kg at least and every year
- Olive oil: about 100 liters at least and every year
It is good to know that the area has visitors and tourists all year round. This makes the house easy to rent out to visitors if desired.
Other facts you should know about
- Price: € 340000
- Building year: 1950, expansion and renovation 2010, heating and water system 2019, white goods and gas stove 2020
- Energy certificate: Updated shortly
- Livingspace: 275 sqm
- Number of bedrooms: 4
- Number of bathrooms: 1 + 1 toilet
- Other: Storage 60 sqm + parking space with functional sun protection + BBQ are with a traditional Greek oven
- Plot: 7500 sqm
- Nearest Beach: approx. 29 km
- Nearest taverns and grocery stores: about 4 km, several in Kalamata, about 29 km
- Kalamata Airport: 37 km
- Athens airport: 293 km
- Note: the map does not indicate the exact location but only shows area!
- Our own tips for those who want to build in Greece
- Questions and answers regarding permits and costs
Girls / Alagonia, Kalamata, Messinia, Peloponnese
Alagonia / Artemisia / Piges are quiet villages in Messinia north of Kalamata. The highest average temperature is 31 ° C in August and the lowest is 10 ° C in January. The villages, known for their cultivated land, are built at an altitude of about 800 m above sea level on the western slopes of Taygetos in lush greenery. In Artemisia and Alagonia you will find taverns, bakeries and supermarkets. The villages are only 29 km from Kalamata and at the same time attractive to both tourists and entrepreneurs.
Kalamata is a port city with almost 70 inhabitants, making it the second largest in the Peloponnese. The areas around the city are rich in mythological history and there are several places that are specifically designated in the Homer's Iliad. The 000 km long pebble beach with clear blue water is appreciated by many. The beach is lined with bars and taverns that are buzzing with life even in the evenings and nights.