Bid accepted: sale in progress
For sale a large stone house with magnificent views of the Mediterranean and walking distance to ancient Kardamyli and Kalamitsi beach: an extremely unique location! The house has a private location, without any visibility from the road, but also close to both the sea bath and all the amenities of the village. "What you see is what you get" applies to both the indoor and outdoor environment: no one can build in front of you or next to you. The houses you see are the houses that last. The plot (4010 sqm) is located in an area classified as "forest" and with the new building regulations, new building constructions are not allowed here.
Even if the house maximized the allowable size for house construction, you have enormous opportunities to adapt the surface indoors. You can easily close down the ground floor and build a staircase to the upper floor which can already be reached via a separate entrance. Extra space on the ground floor can be a workshop or why not an extra studio? There is also space for a pool and space for expanding parking spaces. Important to add: the house is a year-round living and has central heating (oil) and two external water tanks with a total capacity of 17 cubic meters. It is very difficult to find a family house for sale with a similar location: most are owned by smaller or larger rental companies: Kardamyli is a popular destination!
Property ID: EKJ1839, Kardamyli, Messinia Mani
Ground floor: total area 96 sqm (including external bathroom and storage)
- open plan living area (with a large fireplace that heats the entire downstairs) and kitchen with space for dining table
- a large bathroom (renovated 2019)
- a comfortable wooden staircase to the upper floor
- an adjoining porch / patio (55 sqm) with BBQ area
- on this floor there are also (entrance from the garden) two storage rooms (24,19 sqm each), a separate toilet and a boiler room
Upper floor: total area 141 sqm (including balconies and veranda)
- 3 large bedrooms (each with access to its own balcony of 10 sqm each) and a smaller room that was previously a nursery
- 2 comfortable bathrooms
- a porch of 40 sqm
Other facts you should know about
- Price: 350000 €, bids accepted. Sold furnished
- Building year: 1990
- Energy certificate: H
- Livingspace: 237 sqm
- Recent renovation: 2019, new bathroom on the ground floor
- Parking lot: 3 cars with the possibility of expansion
- Pool: you need to apply for a building permit but there is plenty of space to build a pool
- Plot: 4010 sqm
- Beaches: Kalamitsi about 900 meters (footpath), Foneas about 2,9 km, Almiros 20 km
- Nearest village, grocery stores, taverns: Kardamyli approx. 1,2 km
- Kalamata Airport: approx. 48 km
- Athens airport: approx. 303 km
- Note: the map does not indicate the exact location but only shows area!
- Useful Links: FAQ buyers, Blogger tips buyer, Stay or move to Greece
Kardamyli, Peloponnese, Greece
Kardamyli is located 15 meters above sea level and is one of the best kept secrets of the southern Mediterranean. Some call Kardamyli a "New Côte d'Azur" and here you have the chance to meet famous artists and enjoy many evenings of jazz music. Crystal clear blue water, majestic cypresses, wild olive groves and distant snow-capped mountains. The village's location near Taygeto's mountain range makes the place ideal as a starting point for hiking and cycling excursions and Kardamyli is visited all year round by both hikers and bathing tourists. An exclusive, small, unspoilt village that boasts magnificent villas, enchanting stone maisonettes, lush gardens, a picturesque harbor and fantastic beaches where you can meet one or two famous actors, philosophers, researchers or writers.