For sale a house located about 50 meters to a wild beach in the beautiful Mani and Peloponnese, and on the edge of a charming Greek coastal village with historical traditions. The house is located on the outskirts of a village called Trachila, here the houses are very rarely sold to outsiders, most properties are inherited between families.
We are very proud that we gained the owner's trust to offer this house to our customers. Here you can look over the sea, the village and proud mountain peaks and feel the salty scent of the sea in your bedroom. Perfect location for all creative souls!
“Everything you can imagine is real.” ― Pablo Picasso
Property ID: EKJ1886, Trachila, Mani
The property is located on a narrow village street and only 120 meters from the village harbour, beach and square. The plot is 296 square meters, but there is an option to buy the adjoining olive grove on the right side of the house (approx. 300 square meters). It is a traditional village house with beautiful wooden windows and long, narrow balconies around the house on the top floor and a porch on the bottom floor.
- Downstairs consists of: a living room, a bathroom with shower and washing machine, a storage space and a kitchen with access to the patio area. Beautiful and shiny stone floor on the entire floor. White walls and lots of light. A working fireplace and prepared pipes for central heating (gas, electricity or oil). From here and via a stone staircase with wooden elements you reach the upper floor
- Upstairs consists of: a bathroom with a bathtub, 3 bedrooms (one of which with a magical view of the sea) connected and an additional bedroom created in the previously planned veranda space
The patio is shaded by a large pine tree and here you will also find an outdoor shower, 1 lemon tree, 1 orange tree, 1 pomegranate tree and your own water well (20 cubic meters of water). From the garden and via a path you reach the sea and the wild beach.
Other facts you should know about
- Price: € 290000
- Building year: 1996. The facade and the rooms are painted every two years
- Energy certificate: will be updated shortly
- House: 136 sq m. 4 bedrooms (one of them is created by a built-in porch), 2 bathrooms, 1 living room, 1 kitchen
- Plot: 296,25 sq m (1 pine, 1 lemon, 1 orange, 1 pomegranate)
- Nearest grocery store: about 7 km in Agios Nikolaos and several times a week local traders come with fruit, vegetables, fish and bread
- Nearest Beach: about 50 meters behind the house, about 120 meters to Trachila port and another about 6 km to Agios Nikolaos
- Nearest tavern: about 200 meters in Trachila during high season and several about 7 km in Agios Nikolaos
- Kalamata: approx. 62 km
- Kalamata Airport: approx. 65 km
- Note: the map does not indicate the exact location but only shows area!
- Please visit our blogs for other related information: Husigrekland.se, Houseinpeloponnese.com, Domwgrecji.pl
Trachila, Mani, Messinia, Peloponnese, Greece
Trachila was the port of Lagada, with great growth after the 1800th century. First mentioned in a document from 1700 which states that the port was used for the departure of the people of Mani who migrated to Corsica. It is from here that pirates, sailors, shipowners and other sea-related professions originated.
This charming fishing village attracts many visitors. There is a village fair in September, one on June 23 called John's Day and the traditional burning of the image of Judas on Easter Sunday. During the winter, very few residents live here, but during the summer, the village is full of life and activity.
The path that goes from the village to Thalames and Lagada was in use until the construction of the main road in the early 1970s. Along the coastal road that connects Trachila with the small picturesque port and beach of Agios Dimitrios are stunning pristine beaches with cliffs and clear water. Closer to Agios Nikolaos, there is one of the most beautiful coasts in the area, Voulimeneas and Pantazi beaches with wonderful turquoise waters.