Sold April 2023
A perfect holiday home: semi-detached house with a magical view, easy-care terraced garden and close to the beaches of Stoupa. A quiet neighborhood with international neighbors. Central heating (gas) is already in the house and gives you the opportunity to put the house on the rental market during the winter period. With that location, you won't be short of rental guests!
“Let me tell ya. You gotta pay attention to signs. When life reaches out with a moment like this it's a sin if you don't reach back… I'm telling you.”― Matthew Quick
Property ID: EKJ1890, Gonatsa Road, Lefktro, Stoupa, Messinia Mani
The semi-detached house is located on the Gonatsa road, between the village of Neochori and the tourist resort of Stoupa. You have about 3 km to the popular sandy beaches of Stoupa with several taverns and only 1,5 km to local taverns in Neochori. Good opportunity for renting and an easy-to-maintain holiday home. Built in 2005 with various needs of updating. The seller is open to offers!
First floor (49 sqm + 16 sqm) consists of: a living room with fireplace and exit to a large veranda (approx. 20 sqm), an open kitchen (with dishwasher), a toilet, a wooden staircase to the mezzanine level (16 sqm) where there is currently an office, and a stone staircase to the downstairs.
Ground floor (46 sqm) consists of: a hall with space for a washing machine, a bathroom with shower and 2 bedrooms (13 sqm each) with access to a private veranda (approx. 20 sqm). This floor can also be accessed via a metal staircase that goes from the first floor and leads to a BBQ area.
From the ground floor level and via a stone staircase you reach the garden, you will find a lemon and a tangerine tree as well as space for a smaller pool if you wish. From all rooms, verandas and the terraced garden you have a magnificent sea view. Many beautiful blue mornings and unforgettable evenings with Mani's famous sunsets!
Other facts you should know about
- Building year: 2005
- Energy certificate: will be updated shortly
- Livingspace: approx. 95 sqm + 16 sqm mezzanine level. 2 bedrooms (+ extra sleeping place on the mezzanine), 1 bathroom, 1 toilet, 1 kitchen, 1 living room. Large verandas of approx. 20 sqm each + patio/BBQ area at the side of the house and of approx. 10 sqm
- Plot: approximately 250 square meters
- Parking lot: outside the house (1 car)
- Nearest beaches: Stoupa (sandy beach) approx. 3 km and Agios Nikolaos (pebble beach) approx. 6 km from the house
- Nearest supermarket and tavern: Stoupa approx. 2,4 km, Neochori approx. 1,5 km
- Kalamata Airport: approx. 56 km
- Athens airport: approx. 350 km
- Note: the map does not indicate the exact location but only shows area!
- Useful Links: FAQ buyers, Blogger tips buyer, Stay or move to Greece
Lefktro, Stoupa, Mani, Peloponnese, Greece
On the southern coast of the Peloponnese in Greece and about 60 minutes drive from the nearest airport in Kalamata (or about 3,5 hours drive from Athens International Airport) is the unspoilt village of Stoupa with warm, glorious summers and mild winters. With two lovely sandy golden beaches (as well as several smaller beaches), this once sleepy village has become more and more popular as a tourist destination but still retains the genuine Greece.
Stoupa is located in a fascinating area called Mani. This is the only part of Greece that has never been conquered by invaders. The population, the Maniots, built tower houses (so-called Mani-towers) where they took shelter during the countless local feuds that were fought here. Some of these Mani towers have been restored and can still be seen in the area. The author Nikos Kazantzakis who wrote Zorba the Greek when he lived here and his statue can be seen looking over Kalogria beach.