For sale in Neochori a stone house in excellent condition! A popular residential area, just 3,5 km from the sandy beaches of Stoupa. A property with possibilities: a comfortable holiday home or the beginning of rental business. A lovely view of the sea that will be appreciated by family, friends or rentalguests. The property is located on the outskirts of the village in a residential area with several other rental properties.
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
Property ID: EKJ1884, Neochori, Mani
The stone house was built by an experienced, qualified construction company and the design takes into account the local building traditions. Beautiful stone, traditional wooden ceiling, large indoor areas and smart and easy-care garden with ground and natural stone. In the garden there is a small guest house or workshop of 20 sqm.
Owners also bought 2 plots in front of the house to secure the view and create more privacy. On both plots you can build houses up to 200 sqm, create a garden or create a BBQ area with pool. You can choose to invest in everything or just buy the house with the garden.
The house is 193 sqm, built on two floors and has the popular floor plan in the Mediterranean countries: the kitchen and living room on the top floor and the bedrooms on the bottom floor. From the verandas upstairs you have a magnificent view of the village and the sea and also from the terrace downstairs you see the Big Blue between the trees.
Upstairs reached via a comfortable stone staircase. You are welcomed directly on the first porch (approx. 14 sqm). The veranda is shaded by a roof and has space for a dining table and 4-6 chairs. From here you enter a large living room (approx. 39 sqm) with stone walls and a traditional fireplace. From the living room you reach the house's next porch (approx. 15 sqm) which offers spectacular views of the sea and the garden. This is also shaded by a roof. On this floor there are also:
- a toilet (approx. 3 sqm)
- a bright and comfortable kitchen (approx. 13,5 sqm) with access to a smaller balcony (approx. 8 sqm) from which you also reach a roof terrace
- a classic wooden and metal staircase to the bottom floor
Downstairs reached both from upstairs and from the ground floor. Here you will find:
- 3 bedrooms (approx. 14 sqm + approx. 17 sqm + approx. 11 sqm) from which one with its own terrace (approx. 8 sqm) and exit to the garden. The smallest of the bedrooms is today used as a storage room
- 2 bathrooms (approx. 6 sqm + approx. 4,5 sqm). The larger one with a bath and the smaller one with a shower
- a storage space with space for washing machine, dryer, fridge / freezer, ice machine, dishwasher and bench with sink. From here you reach a patio where there are tables and 6 chairs
The house has central heating (you can decide if you want to heat each floor separately or the whole house) and A / C units (both cooling and heating) in the living room and bedrooms. Double glazed aluminum windows and doors with mosquito nets. In the garden there is a workshop (approx. 20 sqm) that can easily be converted into a studio, extra water tank (1000 liters), solar panels (for heating water), a traditional Greek grill, outdoor shower and various olive and fruit trees.
Other facts you should know about
- Price 1 (property with house): 399750 € and including furniture, appliances, TV and fixtures
- Price 2 (property with house + 2 plots nearby): 499750 €
- Building year: 2002 and in excellent condition
- Latest renovation: The central heating system received full service in October 2021 and the burner has received a new fuel pump and a total overhaul
- Energy certificate: will be updated shortly
- Livingspace: 213 sqm. The house 193 sqm + workshop / guest house 20 sqm. 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 1 toilet, 1 living room, 1 kitchen
- Plot: 860 sqm (6 olive trees, 4 orange, 1 pear, 2 lemon, 2 pomegranate and grapes)
- Plots in front of the property: 675 sqm (20 olive trees, 2 fig trees, 1 grapefruit) + 594 sqm (19 olive trees)
- Nearest grocery store: about 1 km to Neochori
- Nearest Beach: about 3,5 km Stoupa
- Nearest tavern: about 1 km in Neochori and several in Stoupa or Agios Nikolaos
- Kalamata: approx. 45 km
- Kalamata Airport: approx. 57 km
- Athens Airport: approx. 310 km
- Note: the map does not indicate the exact location but only shows area!
- Useful Links: FAQ buyers, Blogger tips buyer, Stay or move to Greece
Neochori, Stoupa, Mani, Peloponnese, Greece
The village of Neochori is a charming Greek village with many older houses that have been converted into fantastic and modern accommodation. In the village there are 2 taverns, 2 bakeries and a small grocery store. The village is known for its beautiful sea views and has many international inhabitants.
Stoupa is the nearest village with several taverns, 2 large supermarkets, pharmacy, doctor and more. With two lovely sandy golden beaches (as well as several smaller beaches), this once sleepy village has become more and more popular as a tourist destination but still retains the genuine Greece.
The village of Stoupa is located in a fascinating area called Mani. This is the only part of Greece that has never been conquered by invaders. The population, the Maniots, built tower houses (so-called Mani towers) where they took refuge during the countless local feuds that were fought here. Some of these Mani towers have been restored and can still be seen in the area.